We are open for safe browsing and convenient pick-up service! All services are available during all regular, open hours.
Our popular, no-contact, convenient pick-up service will be provided for the long term. Take advantage of this great way to get the materials you need! See procedures below.
Patrons will be able to “order” materials through these means:
● Reserving in the online catalog available on our website at www.elgin.lib.ia.us or through the Librista app available in the AppStore or the Google Playstore.
● Emailing the library at email@example.com
● Facebook message to the library through the Elgin Public Library Facebook page
● Texting Lisa on her cell at 563-880-1803 and identifying yourself first and then your list. Texting is better than calling, as your number will probably not be identified on Lisa's phone.
In requesting materials other than through the app or online catalog, patrons should:
● If you can, be specific about what books and materials they need/want. Include authors and other identifying information. Staff is also more than happy to suggest or choose titles for you if you like!
● If requesting children’s books for any age and with no specific titles, patrons may ask for a number of books on certain topic and have library staff make specific choices. Such as “I would like 5 books about bugs to read to my kindergartner and 3 books on WWII for my 5th grader.” General requests such as “10 picture books” are also acceptable if patrons don’t care which topics are chosen.
Patrons should let library staff know when they can/will be picking books up during open hours. Pick up your bag of books and movies in the foyer of the library which will be marked with your name. Returns can be made through the outside drop box or in the foyer or library.
Procedures for cleaning books will be that each item will be quarantined for 24-72 hours and then sanitized with disinfecting wipes or other cleaner before reshelving.
We are now fine-free! A donation jar to help alleviate this portion of the budget will be placed in the foyer and at the desk!
Lisa is also willing to do book delivery to those who cannot leave their home to pick up books at the library. Just text Lisa at (563) 880-1803 or call the library at 426-5313 to set up a delivery.