Sessions are currently full, but if you are interested, please still contact Lisa at the library.
Our grant funding has run out, and we are seeking other funds; however, due to this change, sessions are $20 per hour. This covers the tutor's time, planning, and the space at the library(thanks to sponsoring by the Friends of the Elgin Library). When more grant funding is available, we will be able to reduce our charge.
- Reading: phonics, comprehension, and spelling
- math and math facts
- study skills
- homework support
Important facts about tutoring at the library:
- one-on-one or two-on-one teaching increases student ability to focus and retain skills
- teachers are certified and trained in a variety of teaching styles and methods
- programs are individualized so that each child only works on the skills that they need to be more successful
- tutoring is not just for reteaching skills; it's also for enrichment for those who are ready to move ahead!
- the library is an ideal atmosphere to immerse a child in reading and learning
- technology is readily available and is used during each child's tutoring session
Curious about how tutoring can help your child succeed in the classroom and in the world?
Just call Lisa at 426-5313 for more details or to set up an appointment.