Use a Computer
The library has public computers with Internet access. This describes what we have and how to use them.
- There are 8 computers with Internet access
- One additional computer is designated for library catalog searches.
- Software includes Internet Explorer and Microsoft Word.
- We ask that you sign in at the desk when you wish to use the computer. We'd like you to provide your name, the date, and the time you signed in. This helps with record-keeping and time limits if necessary.
- There is no time limit on usage unless there is a waiting list. Then there is a 30 min. limit.
- Courtesy is asked during wait times and during computer use. We believe that no one patron's computer use is more important than another's, and we will not ask someone to give up their computer for another patron unless they have gone over the 30 minute time limit if all machines are full.
- Board policy restricts usage of chat and instant messenger programs. Their use is prohibited. We do not filter, but you will be asked to quit these types of programs.
- A reminder: Public access computing is just that: public. Any images or material you view on a public access computer may be viewed by others. If these images or materials cause a disruption of any kind to other patrons or a librarian, you will be asked to remove them from your screen.
- The successful use of portable data devices such as floppy disks and flash drives is limited. It is up to the discretion and time available of the librarian on duty whether you will be able to use these devices at any given time.