Your Library Card
Who can get a library card? Anyone can. It's easy!
- Anyone who fills out a card with their name, address, and phone number may get a card.
- Children may apply for their own card if their parent is with them and use it on their own after that. Parents will assume responsibility for fines, losses, or damages if they occur. Parents may also put certain restrictions on usage if they prefer, such as restricted DVD checkout or a limit on the number of materials checked out. These will be acknowledged as much as possible.
Your library card enables you to:
- Check out books for a period of two weeks. There is a one week grace period after that during which no fines will be applied. Then fines on books are $.10 per item per day.
- Check out DVD and video tapes for a period of one week. There is no grace period, so fines will begin after one week, at $.10 per item per day.
- Renew materials. You may renew by stopping by the library, calling, or emailing. Unless there is a reserve or a book is very new, you may renew as needed.
- We have a maximum fine limit of $5 per incident. So, it's easy to return those long overdue books with little damage to the pocketbook. All fine payments are greatly appreciated, and they are part of the generous donations that keep our library running.
- You may reserve an item any time by asking a librarian or by calling or emailing. We will let you know when the title comes in, and you may stop to pick it up during our open hours.