Join Friends of the Library
Elgin is fortunate to have such a large and active Friends group. We have over 100 members and are always looking for more!
The Friends raise funds to be used for the purchase of new materials for the library. These include:
- adult and children's books
- adult and children's audio books
- DVDs for all ages
- technology and digitization
The Friends also raise funds and apply for grants to be used for programs and activities not ordinarily covered under the Library's operating budget since ongoing Library operations are paid for by city and county dollars.
How do they do this?
- Annual bake and commodity sale in October
- Annual used book and media sale in February: Click to find out how and what to donate!
- Membership fees and donations
- Memorials made to the Friends
How can you become a Friends member? It's simple!
- Stop by the library to fill our a membership card and include your dues which can be a donation of any amount from $5 to $5 million!
- Volunteering is encouraged but absolutely optional. So, even if you have no spare time to volunteer your time or help with fundraisers, you can still be a member.